Monday, December 17, 2018
• FEIQUE, the Business Federation for the Spanish Chemical Industry, has recognised Chemo’s laboratories for the second year running
• Química Sintética outperformed competitors in three categories at the 2nd RSE Awards for the Chemical Sector
Madrid, 12 December 2018.- The outstanding efforts of the 300 workers at Química Sintética - a pharmaceutical manufacturer which forms part of the pharmaceutical company Chemo - have been recognised through three awards presented by FEIQUE, the Business Federation for the Spanish Chemical Industry, at the 2nd RSE Awards for the Chemical Sector.
These awards are presented every two years by a panel of independent experts and recognise companies in the chemical sector that have set themselves apart from the rest thanks to their social, economic and environmental initiatives.
This year, the panel of experts appointed by FEIQUE highlighted Química Sintética’s achievements in three different categories:
• Job creation: Química Sintética was recognised for its commitment to creating professional opportunities and for being one of the companies that hired the most workers between 2015 and 2017. Over this period, the Química Sintética workforce grew by over 90 employees, or 40%.
• Investment: The jury also praised Química Sintética for its position as one of the sector players that undertook the largest investments in its facilities in 2016 and 2017 as a proportion of revenues. Química Sintética invested 10 million euros over the two-year period in continuous improvement of its facilities and processes, employee safety and environmental protection measures.
• Environmental protection: Química Sintética was further applauded for its efforts in the field of environmental protection and sustainable development. The panel highlighted the fact that the company reported the highest levels of investment and spending on environmental protection in 2016 and 2017. It invested over 6 million euros in this area, which is almost 8 times more than the chemical sector average and 14 times more than the broader Spanish industry average.
Química Sintética has once again been recognised as a social responsibility leader in the Spanish sector and an industry benchmark in initiatives for employee safety, environmental protection and the social and economic development of Alcalá de Henares and its local residents.